Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Dreams  Do  Come  True


When I was a little girl I dreamed of one day falling deeply in love, living in the country and raising a family! ( I have always been a hopeless romantic and still am.) My sweet husband has helped make my dreams come true!

Today is our 14th wedding anniversary!  Here is our amazing story. 

The first time I met Michael I was 12, he was 14, (1989) and we had both gone to the movies with friends.  Ghostbusters 2 was showing.  I had noticed Michael at school (school had just started that August) and some of my friends said he was asking about me but we hadn't officially met until that night at the movies.  Like the gentleman that he is, he came up to me afterwards and introduced himself and asked me if I liked the show.  I was smitten from then on. 

Literally, I fell so in love with him so fast that my heart was sealed and no one would ever enter that realm within my heart except him!  We dated all throughout junior high and high school.  Had so much fun and truly became soul mates. 

First Kiss, 9 miles south of town out in a wheat pasture, next  to an old farm house that is about to fall down,  such a magical moment.  The music was playing in "our soundtrack" the sun shinning on our faces and we kissed an amazing first kiss.  That moment not only began our physical relationship but set the stage for our future. 

First "I Love You!"  in my front yard, he kind of tackled me to the ground, we were laying outside, again the sun was beaming down on us, ( it was early afternoon) he looked at me with ever intense eyes, I looked at him and I knew what was about to happen.  The words "I love you,"  spilled out from his heart to mine, I started smiling and crying and told him I love him too.  We both cried, kissed, laughed and went on our way.  I was 15 or 16. 

I followed Michael to college at OSU, we were married my junior year.  I was 21 he was 22. 

I am even more in love with Michael today!  We live way out in the country and are raising our 3 sons, Joseph, Mark and Eli.  Our other big dreams are to travel to Italy and Australia, but if those don't happen I'd say we are doing pretty great!

Here's the thing,  Michael is my Angel. 

Most young ladies who grow up and don't have a solid relationship with their father usually seek out the "wrong kind of guy."  My Dad and I did not embrace the whole Dad and daughter thing until after I was married.  Now, I can officially call myself a Daddy's Girl,  that is purely a God Thing! 

 I have always believed that God hears our prayers and looks after us. I have even as a young girl asked God to guide me and direct my paths.  He lead me to Michael and I truly believe with all of my being that God brought us together and has blessed us with a very passionate love for one another that glorifies Him!

Okay, I could go on but what I want you to know is that
 my husband, Michael Van Dietrich, is the best husband in the world.   
Every two weeks he brings me a bag of Lindt Lindor Truffles!!! 
He prays for us.
He is always ordering fun stuff for me from Victoria's Secret,(hence the lace in the title of blog) he even has an app on his phone for that!
He's completely devoted to me and our family!!!
He doesn't let the physical body I currently occupy deter him from being attracted to me. 
He helps put up the dishes all of the time.
He planned our anniversarry trip coming up. 
One time when he was away at a trainning in Montanna, he picked wild flowers, framed them and wrote a sweet messsage on the matting and gave it to me. 
We can finish one another's sentences all of the time:)
He has taught our boys to pick wild flowers  and put them in vases for me.
He's kind and has a crazy sense of humor!
He doesn't complain about all of the school projects we do and he always helps me. 
He always shows me and tells me he loves me!!!
He loves my parents.
Michael is my boyfriend and we still act like boyfriend and girlfriend.  He is always spanking my butt and kissing me in the kitchen and the kids are like, that is sick, that is gross, and we are always saying, you just be glad we are crazy about one another! 
He joins me in telling Chuck Norris jokes, we crack eachother up sometimes we laugh so hard we cry!
He is a fantastic father and teacher to our boys.
I'm in love with his intellect as well as all of his other parts. 
We do know how to fight, but we make up even better!!! 
HE MAKES ME LAUGH ALL OF THE TIME
I could go on but gotta go,

Babe, I Love You more than you'll ever know.  Thank you for all that you do and all that you are.  I thank God for you every day!  Can't wait to see what's in store for us!

Sincerely, Your Love, Brooke Ann

1 comment:

  1. Michael, you and I need to talk bro. I think you may be making the rest of us look bad and that just ain't right. Sooooo...do you give lessons? Teach a class? Anything like that?

    Happy Anniversary to you both. Praying for a lifetime of love and happiness.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete