Monday, October 17, 2011

A Very Big Idea!

Lord, the idea of a community kitchen for our local youth keeps popping in my head, is this something You want me to do.  To pull this together, organize this.  A table and kitchen for our kids who don’t have a kitchen and table to sit at.  They would come.  Lord, please provide the specifics for me.  Bring the exact idea you have for this to life, I can’t fail b/c  I can’t ask my family to fail financially or right now be a risk taker.  You , though , know what I don’t .  I believe if it’s your idea it can’t fail.  I’m willing Lord, guide me.  I want to be a light for you, to love others, specifically our children here in our small community. 

          Kids, must pay to enter, either by bringing a food item that we need to cook with or by working in kitchen or serving food , setting table or cleaning up.  Location must be neutral, no church – could change.  Need kids and volunteers to donate food, cooking items, pots , utensils.  How do we pay electric bills, who do we turn away.   Shape this idea, help me to be ready if you call this into action Lord, help me to believe you , and to trust your large scale idea.  Need businesses to contribute to fund, locally, statewide. 


Biblicall base:  Romans 12: 9 – 21  LOVE in action 
Lord God, organize my thoughts today.  Help me to prioritize my day and get as much done in the attempt at creating a calm home environment with everything in it's place.  ok, how about at least 2 rooms of everything in it's place. 
Sincerely, Brooke Ann

2 comments:

  1. Inspiring, Miss Queen of the toothpaste stains. I will love to check this blog of yours. You will know me as Deeann and not Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard a bit on the radio yesterday about a very similar thing that Jon Bon Jovi and his wife did in NJ, I believe. Interesting. Don't know the specifics, just heard a blip on the radio.

    I love you, Dear!

    ReplyDelete